My Handbag Collection




It feels cliche but I feel like a lot of women (and men) fall into two categories. They love shoes or they love bags.

I love shoes. Not high heels, but just shoes in general. I have far too many pairs of trainers and ankle boots. Sorry, not sorry. I do also love bags, but am much more selective about them. So I thought I'd do a quick post about my handbag collection.
The bag I use the most is my Kate Spade Harmony Small in Oyster Blue. I bought it from Hoopers in Harrogate, managing to pick it up half price. I was looking for a bag to use on a day-to-day basis, and this has definitely filled that gap. I can even fit the MacBook I use at work in it, which is super handy (although I'm slightly worried the handles can't take the weight). It's made of coated leather, so I don't have to worry about scuffs and scratches. It's simple yet stylish. I also featured it in my "What's really in by bag" post.




For my 21st birthday, my Dad bought me my Russell & Bromley Ivy. It was my first 'proper' bag, and is probably my favourite. It's a burgundy tote with three compartments, similar in style to the Prada Galleria but with one zip compartment in the middle rather than two on the outside. It came with a cross-body strap, but I actually had to have rings fitted on each side to attach the strap to it. I have no idea how Russell & Bromley expected people to use the strap, attach it to the handles? £25 later and I now have a better bag. I absolutely adore it but tend to save it for 'best'.




Looking at my smaller bags, I have my Ted Baker bag, which was a birthday gift from my friends. It's lovely, and can be worn cross-body or as a clutch. I think it's actually intended as a bag for an iPad mini, which is quite weird (either that, or it's coincidentally the same size as one). It's quite a narrow bag, so you can only really fit in a coin purse, phone and the odd make-up product, but it's perfect as an evening bag.

My other evening bag is my Zara suede feather bag, which is just so beautiful. It cost me £30, which is quite a lot for such a tiny bag, but you can really feel the quality. It looks much more expensive than that and, because I chose black (they also had tan) it goes with absolutely everything.

Finally is my Topshop brown bag. I'm not sure if it has a special name, but it's been so long since I got it that I doubt I'll be able to find it anywhere. I got it for Christmas from my Stepmum when I was about 17/18 years old. It's such a simple and classic design, and is made really well. It's been battered and thrown around over the years but is still going strong. It has an adjustable strap, which is its only downfall because it fastens with pop-studs. Countless times I've completely broken the strap open because I've been too rough with it. I tend to keep it on the longer length, so maybe it's time I just bite the bullet and superglue the studs shut.

I also have a couple of rucksacks, including a Herschel supply backpack, which is super useful for travelling. I'd love to expand my collection, but I'm not sure what I want just yet. I've always lusted after Mulberry handbags, but these days I'm not sure...

What're some of your favourite handbags?

No comments