Six Foundations for Pale Skin




Foundation is probably the most difficult type of makeup out there - it's so difficult to get the colour right. I have enough issues, being white as a sheet, but I definitely feel for people with darker skin tones because it must be even more difficult to find a match!

This post is one for the people with white skin. The type of skin that rarely sees sunlight (thank you, British climate), and when it does needs lashings of factor 50...

When I was younger I didn't really care about using foundation, probably because I didn't really need it. In my later teens, I found everyone's favourite - Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Luckily, by this time they started to make it in a Light Porcelain shade, meaning that I avoided that orange face of doom we all remember from the mid-00s... sometimes I contemplate buying it and seeing if I still like it, but then stop myself. Does anyone still use it?

Around the age of 18 I switched to liquid foundation, and now it's what I use every day. In the future, I would like to try other types of foundation, but I'm not sure where to start! So, here's what I have in my collection at the moment:

Rimmel Lasting Finish in Light Porcelain (£7.99) 

This is an old favourite of mine because it's affordable and a pretty good match to my skin. I used to use True Match, but since they changed the formula I'm just not sure about it. I love Lasting Finish because it's got a decent coverage without being too heavy. I have to order this online because I cannot track this down in Light Porcelain anywhere in my town! It's so weird.
I also like Lasting Finish Nude, which is the lighter coverage version of this foundation, but I'm pretty certain it's been discontinued!

Max Factor Miracle Match in Light Ivory (£12.99)

This is a pretty new addition to my collection. I was having a wander in Superdrug and decided to swatch all of the Max Factor foundations; I was so pleased to find that their lightest shade was a match. I liked this one the best, so thought I'd try it out. I was a bit squiffy about the price tag (it was reaching the end of the month before payday) but I managed to find it with 20% off on FeelUnique. It has a light to medium coverage and lasts pretty well.

Loréal Infallible Matte in Porcelain (£8.99)

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this foundation - I find is terribly difficult to work with! I love this foundation in hot weather because it has really great lasting power even when your face is sweaty. However, my problems with Infallible Matte are twofold - it oxidises like a bitch and can be incredibly patchy. I really have to think about which primer I use with this, because on top of some it just congeals to a disgusting gloop. For a full review, check out this post.

Loréal True Match in 1C Rose Ivory (£9.99)

This foundation gets a lot of love from a lot of people! True Match has a huge range of shades (for a drugstore foundation) and feels so lightweight on your skin. I'd also recommend 1N (Ivory) if you don't want the pink tones. It feels soft and smooth on the skin, sometimes like you're not wearing anything at all. It can sometimes go a bit patchy, but only really towards the end of the day.

Loréal Infallible 24H in Porcelain (£10.99)

Originally this post was just to showcase 5 foundations, but then I found myself wanting to include this so went out and bought another bottle! Although True Match is a really lovely foundation and I know everyone raves about it, I think that Infallible 24H is my favourite L'oréal foundation. It is thicker than True Match and slightly less pink toned, which can help to reduce the orangeness that you get from oxidisation at the end of the day.

MAC Studio Fix in NW10 (£23.50 + £4.50 for the pump)

This is the only "High End" foundation featured in this post, because it's the only non-drugstore base product that I own. I bought this for a wedding, as I needed a foundation that would last all day and into the night (I hate having to retouch makeup). It is definitely my go-to foundation if I want a good level of coverage (although it is pretty buildable so you can use it for a lightweight base) that lasts. Perhaps the best thing about going for a high-end foundation is that you get to try before you buy. I was given a sample of this as well as NW13 which, unfortunately, was so yellow toned that I looked like I was attempting to do yellow-face. It was swiftly removed almost as soon as I'd finished applying it!


I do want to try out some more high-end base products in the future, but am unsure which ones to go with. I'm considering a trip to Harvey Nichols in Leeds to see what shade I am for the Fenty Beauty foundation - it looks so good!

Do you have any good recommendations for pale foundations?

No comments