Ordering from Society6 for the first time




Last month I ordered from Society6 for the first time. I have often browsed the website but never added anything to my basket. I was browsing Instagram one night and a couple of artists were talking about 20% off and free shipping, so how could I say no? 
I chose two prints - one by Amy Hamilton one by RubyEtc.

My Amy Hamilton print is currently in a temporary frame because it is much larger than the frame that I had intended to use (I didn't account for the size of the mount) and I'm too scared to trim it down! It's an absolutely beautiful Red Deer Stag print. I spent ages deliberating over which of her prints to choose, but went with this one because I love deer. I still haven't got around to buying a new frame for it but when I do I'll probably hang this in our hallway. 

It's not a secret that I'm a big fan of Ruby's, I did name her book as my favourite of 2017/maybe ever. I was going to purchase her Anxiety Tower print (I'm still contemplating on buying this as a mug) but settled on Wuthering Heights as it is one of my faves. Who doesn't love a book/song reference coupled with coffee? I bought a cheapy frame from Amazon and it fits pretty well (I needed to trim it down, but only by a couple of mm).




As for delivery, it was reasonably speedy considering it came from the US - probably around two weeks. My issue was that it got stuck at customs, and I was lumped with a hefty customs charge. However, Society6 were totally accommodating and actually refunded this, so I was pretty impressed. I wish Colourpop did this!

Would I order from Society6 again? Probably. I always keep an eye out for free shipping offers. I think next time I'll pick something by Andreas Lie, because I'm a sucker for double exposure photography*...


*Side note: I was in M&S a few weeks ago and they were selling one of his prints without crediting him. Bad form, M&S!

No comments