April Favourites

Hi guys, back for another favourites post! I actually really enjoy writing these - thinking about what you've enjoyed in the past month is actually a really positive activity! I hope you enjoy my recommendations :)


Beauty

Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish, Superdrug Naturally Radiant Cream, Lush Charity Pot, Maybelline Brow Satin eyebrow pencil
Speed Dry Nail Polish
So recently I've become incredibly lazy when it comes to painting my nails. And therefore, speed dry nail polish has become one of my favourite things. Photographed are my Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polishes in Go Wild-er-ness (which is annoyingly similar to Barry M Prickly Pear, which I didn't notice before buying); Loafer Love For You; Chic in Chelsea; and my old favourite, Rose Libertine. Rimmel's new collection this year is really good, there are so many colours to choose from! However, I am really lusting after Barry M's Speedy Nail Paint, in pretty much every colour they do. I really do have a nail polish addiction, even if I'm too lazy to apply it most of the time...

Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil in Mahogany Red
Finally, a ginger eyebrow pencil! I didn't really need a new one but I saw 'Mahogany Red' and got excited. It's not a red pencil, in fact the colour is comparable to Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel, but when it's on my brows it matches my hair perfectly. It's double ended too so one side is a waxy gel consistency pencil and the other is a finely milled powder that helps to fill in any gaps you might have missed. I've been hunting for a good quality eyebrow pencil/brow kit in my colour (still haven't forgiven No7 for discontinuing their auburn eyebrow pencil), and I think I've finally found it!

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Cream in normal/dry
I was in the market for a new day cream, and simply bought this one because it was on offer in Superdrug and seemed pretty decent. I'm so glad I did, this stuff keeps my face feeling soft all day and makes the application of foundation a dream. Superdrug brand items are cruelty free too, which is always good in my books...

Lush Charity Pot
So far in 2015, my hands have been terribly dry; a problem that I'd never really had before. I tried a few creams, then decided to go the natural route. I love Lush but tend to find it out of my price range, however 100% of the price goes to grassroots organisations so I feel like I can justify this purchase. Not only is it helping my hands, but it's also great on the rest of the body (especially after shaving my legs). It contains shea butter, rosewood oil, moringa and ylang ylang. I wasn't enamoured on first sniff, but once it sinks into your skin it smells luscious!

Books
A Feast for Crows

Reading kind of slowed down this month, and this is the only book that I managed to read. Considering it's over 800 pages I'm pretty proud of myself, especially because I took a week-long break from it. I really enjoyed reading Cersei and Jamie's POV chapters, which is quite surprising. It's quite a long slog, and I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the others, but it's still good stuff. It's a shame the tv series has gone on such a weird tangent from it. However, I think I'm going to have a break from Westeros before I start A Dance with Dragons...

Film/TV
Modern Family

So Modern Family was always one of those shows that I saw adverts for and though "I should watch that". When I was on holiday last summer I watched a few episodes on tv in our hotel room and thought it was quite good, so watched the first season when we got home. I kind of cast it aside in favour of other things, but this month I started watching again and have pretty much caught up with it. It's just so brilliant. Phil is hands down the most hilarious character ever; I just can't resist laughing at bad puns that make you face palm. I'm kind of gutted that I've nearly caught up because I want the binge watching to never end!

That 70s Show

Rewatching That 70s Show was a result of an 'I'm not sure what to watch' moment whilst browsing Netflix. I have series 1-3 on dvd so started at 4 because I haven't watched the later seasons for a while (and I hadn't actually got round to watching the last season at all). It's still so good, all these years later. I kind of regret not rewatching the first seasons, as they're probably the best. I might have to go back to them once I'm done. Kitty Forman is such an inspiration, definitely a scene stealer. And although I love Jackie/Kelso because I love that it's a real life relationship, by shipper heart will always be devoted to Jackie and Hyde...

Misc.
Soapasaurus Candles

So my lovely boyfriend bought me a candle for Christmas, but it wasn't until this month that I started burning it properly. And let me tell you, it's amazing! I have Philosopher's Stone, which is a lovely cherry scent that fills the whole room. Due to them being soy, they take ages to burn so will last a long time. I definitely want more from Soapasaurus' collection, specifically "Another!!" (coffee scented) and "Help me, Obi-Bun Kenobi" (cinnamon buns). But they also sell other items such as soap and sugar scrubs which look great too. You can check out their stuff here and here

Sips' Cities Skylines Playthrough

So I've been a long time watcher of the Yogscast on Youtube, and I think Sips has always been my favourite. Now I loved his playthrough of SimCity and was sad to see it end. But I think Cities Skylines is as good, if not better. It's just something to just chill out and watch - Sips' commentary makes me laugh and I actually learn how to play the game better with his instruction. As much as it might sound boring to other people, I love a good city builder game. You can catch up with all the videos so far here

Politics
If you live in the UK you'll know that 7th May is the general election. I actually sent off my postal vote today, which is exciting (even though I'm paranoid I filled it out wrong). If you're over 18 and registered to vote, please please please vote. As much as I could rant all day about different political parties, I don't care who you vote for (but please don't vote UKIP) as long as you get your arse down to a polling station and have your say. It's just so important, especially for young people. My birthday is the 8th May, and I'm kind of hoping that I wake up to a good result. And a high voter turn out. Because I believe that you can't complain about public services/politicians if you haven't voted. And everyone in this country loves a good whinge!

No comments