Urban Decay Vice Hitch Hike and Manic (+ swatches)




Urban Decay's Hitch Hike has been my lipstick obsession for the past few months. It has featured in monthly favourites and shop my stash posts. I write about beauty a lot on this blog, and at least half of that is lipstick posts. And I know what I like...

I think the Urban Decay comfort matte is my new favourite formula. I love me some MAC, but comfort matte lipsticks are matte without being drying, and so lightweight on the lips. Hitch Hike isn't my first Urban Decay lipstick; a few months ago I bought the bloggers' favourite, Backtalk. I do like Backtalk, but I find that I reach for this much more often.

Hitch Hike is described as a brick rose, and I'm utterly obsessed. It works as both a daytime and evening shade due to the fact that it is a unique colour whilst remaining quite a subtle red. I'd never tried a brick shaded lipstick before, perhaps due to being a slightly more uncommon hue, but I just had to give this a try. I went to the Urban Decay counter in House of Fraser and tried out Hitch Hike, Ravenswood, and Crisis. I still can't get on the cream formula wagon (I find it just doesn't last as long) so knew Hitch Hike was the one. However, I did love the colour of the others. It's partially why I bought the lip liner, Manic.




I impulsively bought Manic after the girl on the UD counter used it. I think it's a really versatile lip liner in a gorgeous rosy wine. I'm not usually one for high end lip liners - my collection mainly consists of Rimmel and Natural Collection - but it seems pretty good. Not sure if it's worth the money yet though...

I especially love that the Urban Decay website shows how the colour looks on different skintones. If you're wondering what Hitch Hike would look like on your lips, it's the best place to start. On me it's quite dark; a great alternative to a traditional pillarbox red (if you're looking for a red lipstick alternative, I've got you covered).

Urban Decay's Vice lipsticks are £15, and their lip pencils are £13.50

Do you own any Urban Decay lipsticks?

No comments