Review: the T-Zone Charcoal & Bamboo Black Peel Off Mask



Ah, the peel off face mask. It's the grown-up equivalent of covering your hands in PVA glue and trying to pull it off in one massive piece. Or that scene in Austen Powers: Goldmember, where Goldmember starts peeling off bits of his skin. "Ah, that's a keeper!" Ew.

T-Zone stepped it up with the blogger activity when they launched their Charcoal & Bamboo range, so I saw it all over my Twitter/Instagram feeds. Their influencer marketing obviously worked because I went out and bought this. But is it any good?
So the T-Zone Charcoal & Bamboo Black Peel Off Mask retails at £4.99, and is quite often on offer in Boots/Superdrug. I've tried peel off masks before, but only one of these has been the black mask kind that everyone went so crazy for. This is definitely a lot more gentle than the Korean one that I tried from Amazon.

The instructions tell you to leave the mask on for 30 mins, and I can definitely confirm that it takes a while to dry. It's obviously quicker if you use a thinner layer, but I think you get the best results if you glob it on a bit. If you try to peel it off before it's dry, you end up leaving chunks behind and when wet it does absolutely nothing for your pores.

When peeling it off, it didn't pick up the amount of "gunk" I was expecting (maybe I just have a clean face) but my face did feel a bit cleaner. I have read that harsh masks can actually do damage to your face as they pull out stuff that's supposed to be there, so I see this as a benefit.

The best thing about this mask though is how easy and mess free it is. You don't need to wash it off so you can just sit in front of the TV and peel it off. As long as those around you don't mind your weird skin peeling ritual...

I've seen people complain about it hurting when they peel the mask off. I think the key in the brand name is there - it's for the T-Zone. I've had absolutely no trouble when using it on my forehead, nose and chin, but it can sting a little on the cheeks. But no more than any other black peel off mask.

Would I buy this again? Probably. But I think it's more because I enjoy using it, rather than it doing any good for my face. I think if you're trying to get cleaner pores then you're better off using an exfoliator or exfoliating mask. A personal fave of mine is Lush's Cup O'Coffee.

Have you tried out the T-Zone Charcoal & Bamboo range?

No comments