Falling out of love with L'oréal Infallible Matte Foundation?




I'm on my second tube of this foundation, and a year ago I included it in my July Favourites. It's long lasting not only on your face but also in the tube (it can feel close to empty, but then just keeps going and going with product). However, I'm not quite sure if I love this foundation any more...

My reasons are three. Firstly, this shade does not really match my skin tone. My routine with foundations is always to buy the palest one I can find. This is the lightest shade available in the UK, and yet I still look a bit orange around the jawline. If I blend it down into my neck, I end up with orange streaks there. It just isn't quite right for me; possibly too warm toned. I find it difficult to find foundations that match my true skin tone - maybe it's time to start buying white face paint!

Secondly, I'm not sure if my skin type really works with this foundation. On my t-zone L'oréal Infallible Matte does wonders, but just clings to any dry patches on my cheeks (and my cheeks really aren't that dry). I remember I had a bit of a problem with this when I first bought it, and found that it went well with MaxFactor's Facefinity primer. Now even that doesn't always fix my problems.

Finally I have some trouble with application. With a brush it goes on just fine but often I use a damp Real Techniques sponge, in an attempt to try and blend it better and to dampen any dry patches. It might be down to the primers I have been using, but with a damp sponge this foundation just congeals with my primer and goes all strange - leading to me having to remove it and start again. It can also just end up all over my sponge instead of on my face, meaning the coverage is uneven.

Maybe it's time for me to try something new? Or even try the US formula? I've heard it's better and has a wider colour range. I always go drugstore when it comes to foundation - is it time for me to try something like NARS or Estée Lauder? It's safe to say that L'oréal Infallible Matte just isn't right for me any more!

No comments