November Favourites

Another month down! Not long left of 2016, and I think you'll agree when I say that I'll kind of be glad to see the back of it! Yes there has been a lot of great things, but also a lot of crap. On a lighter note, here are my monthly favourites!




Rock Face Body Spray
Kris bought this in Tesco and after smelling it on him I wanted some for myself. Annoyingly it got substituted for the deodorant when I ordered it, so I have to keep stealing Kris' body spray. But it's a really lovely fruity/citrus scent - no cheap smells here! It's on offer at the moment for £1.50 too so a bargain, if you want to smell a bit more manly.

Lush Sugar Plum Fairy
I bought this while I was in London. I didn't need it as I already own and love the Popcorn scrub but I couldn't put this one down once I'd smelled it. It tastes really yummy too, without being horrendously sweet (difficult, considering that it's basically just sugar).

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
It's been a long time since I binge watched something, but I had to with Gilmore Girls A Year in the Life. I used to watch this every day after school as a teenager, along with most of my friends. I have so many feelings that I can barely articulate. I did like it, but it was not without its problems. If that was it and we get no more Gilmore Girls, then I'm not satisfied with the ending. I have too many questions!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
This was almost a bit of an unexpected favourite. Of course I was going to see this, I love Harry Potter, but I didn't think it'd be any good. Then they cast Johnny Depp and I was even more disgruntled. Just like Gilmore Girls, I liked it but had a few problems. I'm attempting to string my thoughts into a review, so watch this space!

Planet Earth II
Watching Planet Earth II is such a great way to spend a Sunday night. You can't go wrong with an Attenborough documentary. It's one of those things that's interesting and beautiful, and when it gets dramatic everyone is talking about it the next day!

The Harry Potter Soundtracks
I started listening to these again after our visit to Leavesden Studios. Going around the studio tour, you find yourself captivated by the music. I obviously know it well, but the tour gives you a second appreciation. So I've been listening to it whilst I'm at work. I think the soundtracks for 4, 5 and 6 are my favourites, although it's hard to really pick when they're all so good! There's a playlist on Spotify if you want to check them out.

Starbucks Swedish Cinnamon Roll
I know everyone loves Christmas coffee, but most of the time I'm quite content to have the same drinks that I have year round (apart from below). However, I have been loving the Swedish Cinnamon Roll, as it is too good for this world. It's especially great if you get it toasted, and way better than their regular cinnamon swirl. I think they need to start doing this year-round...

Costa Salted Caramel Cappuccino
This one was a bit of a surprise, I'm not usually a massive fan of Costa Coffee (although I like their food). I think this is my favourite Christmas drink this year, probably because it isn't as sickly sweet as the others. However I don't recommend getting this one in a takeaway cup, because all of the foam just sticks to the sides!

No comments