Life Lately #1


When I wrote about my New Year's Resolutions I didn't really mention my resolutions blog-wise, however I did start the year enthusiastic to get more posts published that I could be proud of (both content and visuals). January may be the month of new beginnings but it's not exactly kind to us bloggers when it comes to photos - especially when the sun has set and it's pitch black before you even finish work! Nevertheless, I thought I'd put together a little post with what I've been up to and a few new products that I have in my life...




All of these photos were kind of improvised whilst at Kris' house - I used an ASOS box and some tissue paper that came with a cardigan as my backdrop and Kris as my glamorous assistant with the lighting. A little tricky to compose, but I think the photos came out okay!


January has thrown me a bit of a curve ball. On Friday the 13th, of all days, I slipped on black ice whilst walking home from work. I am heavier than I look and have quite small wrists so putting all of my weight on one hand wasn't exactly great! It's been strapped up for almost two weeks now - my doctor reassures me that it's not broken but it'll be a while before it's back to normal. It has greatly hindered my quest to get on the blogging bandwagon again because it's very difficult to type - something that is also making it tricky at work. I have a newfound respect for people with mobility issues because I've been really struggling! I find it tricky to put a bra on, sometimes I've needed people to tie my shoelaces for me and I find it difficult to hold/carry things in my left hand. Woe is me!


     


Last weekend I was back in Calderdale at Kris' for only the second time since I changed jobs. The journey on a Friday is doable, albeit a bit of a faff. One thing I've noticed about my new job is that although it's within walking distance of my house, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. Sure it's easy to get home, but if I want to get to other places it's stressful. If I want to go to Kris' I have to have someone drop me off at the train station by my house, otherwise I'd have to wait for a later train and not get to his until past 8pm. I think it's finally time to learn to drive...

On the Saturday we popped into Halifax for a mooch, we trekked down to the Jack Wills outlet store for a look but really couldn't find much. Lots of items if you're a tiny size, but not much above a size 8! I wanted to look at their underwear and pjs but couldn't find anything I liked. I ended up buying a t-shirt for £12 with a floral pheasant print on it. It's quite oversized so super comfy - I always have to size down in their t-shirts! Love or loathe Jack Wills (I'm not fond of anything with their name emblazoned on it), you can really feel the quality compared to other shops. I get squiffy about the price tags though, so am glad there's a outlet so close by.

I scored an absolute bargain of a deal in Boots with the 2 for £12 deal on L'oréal - I bought my usual True Match but picked up a bottle of Infallible to try it out. The latter is a lot more neutral in tone (my True Match shade is 1C: Rose Ivory) so I hope it matches! 




I also picked up a Maybelline Color Sensational Matte lipstick in Smoky Rose. I'm pretty sure this is new to the UK and was selling out fast in Halifax - I got the last one! The colour is right up my street; I probably have a million and one lipsticks in this kind of shade but I don't care. I've been keeping my eye on this range since it was released and they just didn't do anyd shades that I really liked. So I'm so glad I spotted that they'd released new colours! 



My swatching arm!


I love taking photos of makeup swatches, but my arm is really making it difficult! It's tricky to take a good photo when you have ridges all over your arm...




I also popped into The Body Shop and got myself a bottle of the Tea Tree Anti-Imperfection Daily Solution - I've been meaning to try this for so long and I had a £5 voucher on my card. I'm almost 24 (urgh, the thought of it makes me shudder) you'd think I'd stop getting spots by now! Luckily they're not too bad, so let's see if this stuff works...




On Tuesday it was my Mum's birthday, so I picked out a few things for her from Spirals in Hebden Bridge. It's a great place to buy fairtrade gifts, so I bought her a set of woodland coasters and a new notebook. I hope she likes them; I absolutely adore the gifts that they have in Spirals. I always have to stop myself from buying gifts for myself.

I know this post differs from the norm, but I wanted to keep you updated. Normal service will resume when my arm and the weather get better, hopefully...

No comments