My MAC x15 Palette




I did it, I completed my MAC Palette! Just over a year ago I wrote a post marking the beginning of this quest as I tried to make my perfect palette. I thought it'd take a lot longer, but I think too many trips to the MAC counter tempted me!

So my palette is as follows:

Top row: Nylon, Shroom, Naked Lunch, Jest, Woodwinked
Middle row: Omega, Quarry, Wedge, Cork, Mystery
Bottom row: Satin Taupe, Sable, Cranberry, Sketch, Blackberry

My most used shades are Cork (which I use for my brows), Sable and Woodwinked. It took me a long while to get into Woodwinked; everyone raved about it but I wasn't sure. I think it shines most when it's used as the main colour. I tend to use Omega or Wedge as a base and sweep Woodwinked all over the lid. It requires very little effort but still looks lovely, meaning I often use it in my work makeup routine. As for Sable, I just love the colour. It's a perfect warm bronze colour, with a hint of plum. My sister loves it too - I actually ended up buying her the Dusky Rose x9 palette for Christmas because she kept using Sable!

One thing I like about my palette is that I have a good stock of matte shades. It's very difficult to get a good matte eyeshadow right - often it ends up awfully chalky! MAC's mattes are very good, and I feel as though I've covered my bases so that I have both warm and cool-toned colours.

When I was younger I loved cool-toned eyeshadow; now I think I'm more into warm. This means that shades like Quarry and Blackberry get neglected, but I'm still glad to have them in my palette. I think my only shade regrets are Naked Lunch and Jest; I rarely use them! All of my other shadows get a lot of love, even though I actually ended up with Omega by accident!

I'm still not 100% satisfied with my palette - I feel like it needs some more colour in it? Last time I was at the MAC counter I fell in love with a shade called Oh My Mocha, but the girl who served me said it wasn't available in a pro pan yet. Maybe I'll just have to buy it as a single? We'll see! But for now, my MAC x15 palette is full...

No comments