Blogger Beauty Box April 2016




After trying out my first ever beauty box earlier in the year, I thought I'd test another one - this time the Blogger Beauty Box by Vix Meldrew. At only £10 including p+p, I couldn't resist, and found some lovely products inside:

  • Witch Daily Primer and Clearing Serum
  • Time of the Month regular tampons
  • Merumaya Mud Marvels Mask (sample size)
  • Maya hair mask (sample size)
  • 1001 Remedies Magic Skin skin repair gel
  • Tropic Skincare Sun Drops




I'm going to start with the Sun Drops, because I actually passed this straight on to my sister. Being pale as a ghost, I didn't really have any use for a gradual tanner. However, my sister has really loved it, a lot better than putting fake tan on your face and ending up patchy! Just a couple of drops into your moisturiser and it'll help give you that summer glow.

The Witch Daily Primer however, might actually be my favourite item from the box. I've never used a spot clearing primer before, but this has really worked! It has a light scent and is easy to work with. I have tried it out with multiple foundations - it has worked well with all except for when I paired it with my L'Orèal Infallible Matte foundation and a damp beauty blender. It just mushed together and became putty on my face! But with a more dewy foundation and a brush? Perfect.

I was surprised to find tampons in the box, but on closer inspection I'm actually excited to use my Time of the Month tampons. Actually, not excited because who on Earth is excited for their period!? But anyway, These are 100% organic cotton tampons with no nasties and with a biodegradable cardboard applicator. It almost makes me feel guilty for my usual tampax!

I was knocked back with surprise when I looked up 1001 Remedies Magic Skin on their website - £32! Wow. I have actually tested this, but fortunately/unfortunately my skin hasn't been bad enough to require it. This skin repair gel even helps with cuts, so will be a really useful item to have in my arsenal.

The two sample size products were the Merumaya Mud Marvels Mask and a Maya Hair Mask. The latter I had to look up on the Blogger Beauty Box twitter - I had no idea what it was! It's such a tiny tub though, I'm not actually sure how I'd go about using it. As for the mud mask, I'll probably use it on my t-zone as it cleanses and unblocks pores.

Looking at other people's posts, they also received a Makeup Geek blush pan. I suppose I can't be too down about it, because Vix has really spoiled us! I'm still not 100% sold on beauty boxes where you can't pick the contents, but I think if I was ordering one again, Blogger Beauty Box would be my first choice!

You can order yours here!

No comments