Feeling Blue...





I don't know what it is, but I'm really drawn to blue nail polish. I currently have six, and I'm always wanting more. I feel like I've been wearing nail polish less and less recently, but I'll forever be attached to blue...



From L - R: Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in Eat My Dust; Barry M Coconut Infusion in Laguna; Rimmel 60 Seconds in Bestival Blue; Barry M Silk in Blue Mist; Barry M Nail Paint in Bikini; Rimmel 60 Seconds in Loafer Love For You; Topshop Nails in Marine Scene


When I do wear nail polish, I usually reach for quick dry. I love Barry M Speedy Quick Dry, because it comes in some fab colours. I've nearly ran out of Eat My Dust because it gets so much use, especially because my sister often borrows it! Needs a couple of coats, but looks great.

The Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paint in Laguna is my perfect blue colour. When the Coconut Infusion range came out I knew I had to have it, regardless of the fact that my nail polish collection is rather excessive. I still haven't tried it out regularly enough to know whether the coconut properties work, but I still love the colour so much.

As mentioned, I've become more interested in quick dry nail polish recently because I have less time these days to sit around painting my nails. I like the Rimmel 60 Seconds range, and this one is Bestival Blue from Rita Ora's collection. It's slightly less of a pastel shade compared to Laguna, but still a great light blue colour.

After looking the Barry M Silk collection up to find the colour names, I've think they've discontinued them. Which is a shame because Blue Mist is an amazing colour! The finish of these polishes are interesting, because it's almost a demi-mate effect. The polish does chip, but itself is long lasting and actually needs a bit of elbow grease if you're taking it off with nail polish remover. I really hope they bring these back, especially if they change the brush to the newer design.

Another limited edition shade by Barry M is Bikini. I remember picking this up on a whim when I was in Boots, and ended up loving it. I actually picked it to wear for my graduation back in 2014. It's a slightly more muted blue with a purple undertone, and goes on perfectly in a coat or two.

On the other end of the scale, Loafer Love For You is so bright! It's so noticeable when you wear it; it's an amazing cobalt blue. If you want to make a statement, then this is definitely the one to pick!

Going for a more turquoise blue, I love Marine Scene (although it can leave your nails a bit blue when you're taking it off). I love the Topshop nail polishes, but only have a few. It's more green in person, but still thought I'd include it in this post. They're such good quality for the price!


I think I have a bit of a blue nail polish problem! Apart from blue, I usually go for typical colours like red or nudes/light pink. What're your favourite nail colours?

No comments