New Beauty Buys


"But you don't need any more make up..."



I always tell myself that I don't need to buy any more make up until I've used up the things that I have, but always end up with more! Sorry not sorry. Here are a few purchases from the last couple of months...

After mentioning it in my Birthday Wishlist, I went out and bought myself Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow with a voucher I received. I love cream products because I feel like I have more control, especially if I use my fingers to apply them. I don't really make time to apply lots of make up in a morning before work, but have had fun playing with this product on weekends.

I've tried out two new Rimmel lipsticks - Kate Moss 03 and The Only 1 in Under My Spell. These were purchased as cheaper alternatives for two MAC lipsticks that I've had my eye on (Velvet Teddy and Rebel). Obviously they're nowhere near the same level of quality, but a lot more purse friendly. I like the colours but have a few issues. Under My Spell is very tricky to work with because the formula is so soft, and both lipsticks smell really strong! I can't seem to pinpoint it, but the fruitiness is quite pungent. I think I prefer lipsticks that have either no smell or one that's cocoa butter/vanilla-y.

I've been on the lookout for a powder highlighter, but unsure which one to go with. So I bought the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Pink Shimmer because it was only £3. Funnily enough, I've had more luck applying this with my fingers than applying it with a brush! But I do like the colour; I think pink highlighters suit my pale skin a bit more. Hit me up with your highlighter suggestions!

I nipped into Leeds last Saturday and insisted on visiting the NYX counter. I have been trying to get my hands on the NYX Blusher in Taupe for ages! It always seems to be out of stock in the Manchester Boots and I didn't want to order one online. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but the colour is good, a lot more pigmented than Hollow, so I'll have to be careful when applying!

I haven't taken the plastic off the NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder. I like a matte finish when I apply my foundation, and have always used pressed powder. This one looks interesting and I'm excited to see how it works!

I bought the L'oréal True Match Blush in Rosewood because it looks very similar to Benefit Dallas (which I've been putting off buying for almost two years now!). I like the colour, but have to be careful when applying because it's very pigmented! It comes with a little brush, which I haven't tried yet, but also a mirror making it handy on the go. There was a buy 1 get 1 half price offer in Superdrug so I picked up their True Match Foundation. The formula is really lovely with good coverage without feeling heavy. I have had a few break outs, but I'm not 100% sure whether that's just a co-incidence...

What have you bought recently? Any products that I need to add to my shopping list?

No comments