Products That I'll Always Repurchase



I love trying new products, but I'm also a creature of habit. I find a product I like, and I stick with it. I think even if I had all the money in the world to spend on makeup, I'd still end up shopping in Boots or Superdrug...


Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is just a classic. I know that there are alternatives, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've nearly always purchased it in Peach Glow, but I'm giving Transparent a try this time. We'll see whether it matches up!

On with more Rimmel - their foundations. Being pale as Casper the Friendly Ghost can make it quite difficult to find something that matches my skin tone. Rimmel foundations in Light Porcelain seem to be a good match. Currently I'm using Lasting Finish 25Hour Foundation, although I've used most of what they have to offer (except for Wake Me Up, it looks a bit too warm for me). I'm not sure which is my favourite, but I enjoy changing it up a bit. I haven't tried Match Perfection since they changed the formula, might have to get that one next!

The final Rimmel product is the Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel. I do have other brow products but this one is just so quick and easy, especially on a weekday when I'm in a hurry. Ashy brown colours work well if you're a redhead because it fills your brows without making them too orange. I must admit, I'm quite heavy handed with this pencil, but at 7am I have no interest in creating a masterpiece!

I've probably been filling my brows in for about five years now; I got into doing it when I was in sixth form. I've always used the Natural Collection Lash Care Mascara in Clear as brow gel. I used to buy this when I was younger to use as mascara without getting in trouble at school - damn my blonde eyelashes giving it away if I was wearing normal mascara! I don't actually know if there are better brow gels out there, because I've never used anything else. £1.99 is just a steal, really.

I don't particularly have a favourite mascara, but I always seem to radiate towards ones by Maybelline. I always seem to repurchase Maybelline Falsies Flared and Mega Plush (although has the latter been discontinued? It seems to have disappeared from online). I do buy and use other mascaras, but will always keep at least one Maybelline one on hand. And by one, I probably really mean about four or five.


What are your makeup must haves?

No comments